Why Join CSO?
CSO members enjoy access to a growing network of the UK’s leading Somali oriented organisations. The CSO runs events throughout the year, offering members various opportunities to get involved and engage with others who seek to influence discourses related to the Somali diaspora in Britain.
More specifically, all CSO members receive the following benefits:
- Increased recognition of your organisation in the community and help raise the profile of the sector.
- Opportunities to influence the evolution of Somali oriented charities in the UK
- Have your voice and views heard at policy and operational meetings with CSO members, outside experts, government officials, and other public platforms and stakeholders.
- Access networking opportunities through our events, conferences, training workshops and online social networks.
- Establish partnerships by building relationships with other organisations and CEOs at our CEO events.
- Access a wide variety of training and get a discount for your organisation to build the skills of your workforce and improve the quality of your work. Our courses and workshops are delivered by skilled professionals who are experts in their field.
- Receive support on a variety of issues at a discounted rate so that your organisation can become more effective.
- Participate in our member-led working groups to increase your knowledge and understanding on issues of concern and use collective expertise to influence policy-makers.
- Opportunity to develop cross-sectoral and sub regional partnerships in London and beyond.
- Opportunity to identify and contribute to research and development streams.
- Access policy and regulation consultations to allow you to directly influence policy decisions that are difficult to access as a single organisation.
- Advertise job vacancies, events and services on our website.
In terms of capacity building support, throughout the year CSO offers a number of free workshops and seminars to members which can cover the following areas:
- Assessment of Chief Executives
- Board Assessments
- Building Consortia and Partnerships
- Events Management
- Financial Management
- HR Audit
- Organisational Assessments
- Perfecting Your Pitch
- Risk Management
- Strategic Planning
- Support and Guidance with Grant/Funding Applications
If you have particular needs not covered above and we are not able to help you directly, we will put you in touch with an expert who will support you with your organisational needs.